Skip to main content

The Beauty Of An Incomplete Picture

 


The Beauty Of An Incomplete Picture!


So I have a brother Joel Alasan  who is a fantastic artist and I sometimes have the privilege to catch him just when he’s about to start a painting, most times my curiosity leads me to ask questions of what he wants to do and I realize no matter how hard he tries, I don’t really get the full picture of what he wants to do. 


I just see sketches and lines and and and you know what I mean right? But he on the other hand knows what exactly he wants to bring out and even though it doesn’t look like it at first, he stays there for hours, days even months till that perfect resemblance of what he has internally becomes manifested on paper, on canvass or whatever medium he chose for it. Then, we all can come back and say “what a master piece this is”


Point is, he didn’t give up on what he saw until it became what he has produced, in-between that period is a process that involves time, skill, patience and faith that it can be done!


Joseph had a dream that his brothers will bow before him, what he didn’t see was all the troubles that will come along with it, even time to be spent in prison, maybe if he had seen it at the beginning, he would have ran somewhere else and aborted the dream prematurely. 


Maybe if the children of Israel knew about the 40 years to be spent in the wilderness, they would never had left Egypt. Before you shout arrh, do you have an idea what a wilderness is? The wild in the wilderness stands for wild animals o, pitch black with no mosquito nets, some of us become so irritated when there is power outage so imagine what they had to go through for 40 years! 


There is a beauty that comes with not having a complete picture at the beginning and that is the whole essence of FAITH and BELIEVE! The incomplete picture provides a form of safety so we don’t get intimidated and chicken out of fear.


You obviously won’t look like it at, seeds don’t look like trees but inside of them is a full tree with branches, leaves and fruits!


I don’t know what you’re looking at right now, some obviously very far away from what has been written concerning you, but I have got good news; for as long as you have faith and believe in the one who has spoken concerning you and over you, the process is not over, you’re on your way to perfection! If yours is taking “too long” by human judgement, remember it takes a longer time to make pounded yam and egusi compared to indomie. So relax, the expected end is coming.


God didn’t forget you, God hasn’t forgotten about you, God cannot forget about you and I. The picture of your life hasn’t finished unveiling yet. Be calming down my brother, my sister.


You’re such a special human and don’t let the ugly process with it’s twists and turns make you feel otherwise.


Have a blessed week ahead. God loves you!


P.S You can visit his page and art gallery to see amazing art pieces. Tell him you want a discount because it’s from me. 

😊



Comments

  1. This is amazing sir, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Thank you for the subtle uplifting messages

    ReplyDelete
  3. You no dey fall my hand. Nice piece, soothing and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mama-Na's Tale

Mama-na! Mama-na!! He will call me. I can never forget that deep baritone voice of his approaching our compound’s perimeter-walled fence made from dried millet stalks. You could not mistake the excitement in his voice; another calf, the third within a week. This meant we had extra calabash full of fresh dairy milk. More than enough for my Baba and I, and for that naughty friend of mine – Halima. She could have a cup, just one, when she comes to make her hair later in the afternoon that’s if she comes with my favorite gorrriba fruit, I know the one in their house has some ripe ones already; but definitely not Tanko, my cousin. If he wants some, he would have to go to the farm where the cows are and milk some for himself. Not even the lure of beautiful big houses, fancy cars and colourful hanging lamps lined on their streets could make me leave the calmness of Kateri my village. We were told in the village square that you could walk for long stretches and your feet will

7 Years Ago He Raped Me And Ran Away, Now He Is Back And Wants My Son- Part 1

I wasn’t doing too well in school, well, the truth is, I never liked sciences but my parents wanted me to be a medical doctor hence I had to take science subjects which were not really my forte. My dream has always been to wear the wig as a lawyer and appear in court to defend people and cases, all that dream has long disappeared. It has been 3 years of struggle since I started my senior secondary education in Owerri. If only my mother hadn’t died from that breast cancer that tragically took her life, I would have still remained in Aba with her, but now am in Owerri with my step-mother who does not really believe children have a say in what to do with their lives.  I cant say she disliked me but giving me an opportunity to chose, the same way my mother would have allowed me was a far distant cry. So I ended being a good and obedient daughter and followed her wishes. But my grades were not encouraging, not at all. As the final exams approached, she decided to get me a private lesson tut